There are many reasons why a law firm may consider a merger. Mergers can be a useful way of expanding into different practice areas or locations, to increase the operational capacity and efficiency of the firm, increase its revenue and market growth, or for succession planning purposes.
In the latest episode of CM Murray’s Ten-Minute Talks series, Managing Partner Clare Murray and I discuss all things law firm merger, in particular:
- Why do law firms typically merge?
- How can firms effectively plan for a merger?
- Does money typically change hands during the process?
- What if some of your partners don’t want to be involved?
- What does success look like?